relevant to onboard use of Saratoga.
SSTL's TechDemoSat-1, launched to orbit on 8 July 2014, includes a large number of payloads
for experimental use. Saratoga is onboard.
- TechDemoSat-1 in orbit video, Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd, 11 August 2014.
- Launch of Soyuz 2.1b with "Meteor-M" no. 2, Roscosmos, Russian Federal Space Agency, 9 July 2014.
- Launch of Soyuz with Meteor-M2 and DX1 spacecrafts, DauriaAerospace, 8 July 2014.
- UK demo satellites set for launch, WORLD Breaking News, 8 July 2014.
- Launch preparation, Roscosmos, Russian Federal Space Agency, 7 July 2014.
- Payload and fairing mounting, Roscosmos, Russian Federal Space Agency, 2 July 2014.
- Introduction to TechDemoSat-1, SSTLTV, 13 June 2014.
Launch details are given by:
- Space collision course avoided for TechDemoSat-1, SSTL blog, 24 October 2014.
- UK satellite's view of 'Blue Planet' Earth, Jonathan Amos, BBC News, 12 August 2014.
- TechDemoSat-1 celebrates ride uphill with a selfie, Chris Bergin, NASASpaceFlight, 25 July 2014.
- SSTL marks completion of TechDemoSat-1 LEOP phase with a "selfie", SSTL press release, 25 July 2014.
- SSTL announces the successful launch of UK in-orbit demonstrator satellite, TechDemoSat-1, SSTL press release, 8 July 2014.
- Soyuz rocket with seven satellites lifts off from Baikonur, ITAR-TASS News Agency, 8 July 2014.
- From Baikonur rocket "Soyuz 2.1b" with U.S. satellite (in Russian, launch photos), news ru.com, 8 July 2014.
- Hydrometeorological satellite "Meteor-M" no. 2 launched into orbit, (in Russian, afterlaunch photo), 8 July 2014.
- Soyuz rocket sends up Russian weather satellite, Stephen Clark, Spaceflight Now, 8 July 2014.
- Lift-off for British demo satellites, Jonathan Amos, BBC News, 8 July 2014.
- Spacecraft "Meteor-M" successfully launched into the target orbit, Roscosmos News, 8 July 2014.
- Soyuz Rocket arrives at Launch Pad for Meteor-M Launch on Tuesday, Spaceflight 101, 7 July 2014.
- Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) - Eight + A Date... With Soyuz-2 For TechDemoSat-1 (Satellite), Satnews Daily, 20 June 2014.
- A Small Satellite with Big Plans: TechDemoSat-1, Joanna Barstow, Oxford Department of Physics blog, 13 June 2014.
- SSTL announces TechDemoSat-1 launch date, SSTL press release, 23 May 2014.
- A Russian Launch Countdown Resumes without Canada, Peter de Selding, SpaceNews, 23 May 2014.
- March launch for UKube-1 and TechDemoSat-1, AMSAT-UK, 5 November 2013.
Communication subsystem details are in:
Also discussion of communication and hardware interfaces:
- TechDemoSat-1: A Software Testbed for CCSDS SM&C, Nicholas Holt, Andy Bewer, Mark Doyle and Johannes Klug, European Ground System Architecture Workshop (ESAW), June 2013.
- TechDemoSat-1 project overview, Victoria O'Donovan, 8th Appleton Space Conference, December 2012.
- Bridging the Abyss - Agile Downlink Solutions for the Disaster Monitoring Constellation,
Mark Brenchley, Peter Garner, Andrew Cawthorne, Katarzyna Wisniewska and
Philip Davies, Small Satellites Systems and Services (4S) Symposium, Portoroz,
Slovenia, June 2012.
- Getting the Bigger Picture: More Bytes for your Buck, Zeger de Groot, James Penson, Adam Baker and Paul Stephens, 22nd AIAA Small Satellite Conference, Logan, Utah, August 2008.
- SSTL demonstrates innovative method for measuring ocean winds and waves from space, SSTL press release, 25 September 2014.
- Using satnav signals to measure winds and waves, SSTL blog post, September 2014.
- Implementing GNSS-Reflectometry in Space on the TechDemoSat-1 Mission, M. Unwin, S. Duncan, P. Jales, P. Blunt and M. Brenchley, ION GNSS+ 2014.
- GNSS Remote Sensing and Technology Demonstration on TechDemoSat-1, M. Unwin, P. Blunt, R. de Vos van Steenwijk, S. Duncan, G. Martin, P. Jales, SSTL white paper.